Local guides with excellent knowledge.
Comfortable, modern, 12 seater (with intercom) or 4 seater vehicles.
Tours can be customised to suit the group.
Great photo opportunities.
Island Culture & Scenery (1.5 hours or 2 hours)
- Superb introduction providing a great overview of Island life, history, places of interest, location of local walks, whilst cruising along picturesque roads.
- Visit stunning scenic spots including Observation Rock, Mill Creek, Lee Bay and the entrance of Rakiura National Park.
- Your driver / guide can help with suggestions on things to do to maximise your stay.
- Combine with one of our guided nature walks or water taxi to Ulva Island or a boat cruise.
Birding Road Tour (2 hours)
- A leisurely, enjoyable and fun way to spend a few hours in scenic locations spotting some of our native birds.
- Cover more area in a short time with minimal walking.
Call or visit our Ruggedy Range Booking Office to discuss possible combinations with our road tour to get the best from your visit to Stewart Island:
- Ulva Island Birds & Forest Guided Walk
- Ulva Island Birding
- Kiwi Spotting
- Stewart Island Guided Walk
- Aihe Water Taxi to / from Ulva Island
- Paterson Inlet Wildlife Cruise
- Norwegian Whalers’ Base Cruise