Welcome to Phil's Sea Kayak Stewart Island!
Living and kayaking here for years, we share a strong attraction to the stunning natural beauty of Stewart Island - every day is different and special, and now we can share that passion with you.
- Explore the pristine clear waters with an amazing marine life, bays and sandy beaches. We often see penguins, marine mammals and mollymawk / albatross.
- Quiet and close - just you and nature. Small groups ensure an individual experience.
- Based close to the village with direct access to Te Whaka a Te Wera marine preserve and coastlines.
- Double and single sea kayaks with personal and safety gear.
- 2.5hr, half or full day tours, twilight paddles (sunset!).
- New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association certified and registered guide, happily paddling for 30 years!
- Personal guiding - tours tailored for all levels of experience.
- Transportation between your accommodation and the boatshed.
- Kayak rentals - conditions apply.
We go kayak-exploring along the beautiful and varied northern coastline of the preserve: islands, golden sandy beaches, rocky headlands. Unique intertidal sealife under the clear water: urchins, cucumbers, tulips, brittle stars.