Birds & Forest Booking Office, also known as the Ruggedy Range™ Booking Office, 14 Main Road, Oban, Stewart Island is 2 minutes walk from flight or ferry terminal and “3 seconds” walk from Dept. Conservation.
The Outdoor Adventure Shop is located in the same office. Hire (rent) or buy outdoor clothing / equipment, nature and birding books, gifts.
Local nature and outdoors specialist, offering a transparent, helpful service on what to do and what to see. Our local hands-on knowledge spans over 20 years.
Our comprehensive range of options or customised packages (travel / accommodation), include:
- Ulva Island guided walks
- Stewart Island guided walks
- Guided birdwatching trips (Ulva / Stewart Island)
- Pelagic birding
- Kiwi spotting
- Guided overnight hikes (e.g. Rakiura Great Walk)
- Guided sea kayaking
- Water taxi
- Hunter boat transport
- Paterson Inlet Wildlife Cruises
- Freshwater River Scenic Cruises
- Norwegian Whalers’ Base Cruise
- Freshwater Mason Bay - Fly / Boat
- Road tours
- Road shuttle
Call or send an email now!
Summer daily: 7.30 am to 7.00 pm. Off-season: see www.ruggedyrange.com
THE ONLY BOOKING OFFICE FOR:
Ruggedy Range™ Wilderness Experience
Aihe Eco Charters & Water Taxi
Operator Achievements/Quality Recognition
DoC Marine Mammal Viewing Permit.