Stewart Island Lodge is nestled in native bush on a sunny hillside and provides superior bed and breakfast accommodation.
The garden is home to many native birds, including Kaka (native parrots) which may be viewed from the terrace. Stewart Island Lodge is New Zealand's southernmost lodge and situated just a five minutes' walk from the village at Halfmoon Bay.
The Lodge is centrally-heated and includes a lounge/dining area with an extensive deck from which to appreciate the commanding views across the ocean.
Guest rooms are king-sized double or twin and have ensuite bathrooms with own bath.
Every room has a stunning outlook and opens directly onto an expansive shared balcony.
A continental breakfast is included.
- 6 King/twin rooms with ensuite bathroom (with shower & bath)
- Continental breakfast included
- Communal guest lounge with great views over the bay
- Extensive gardens
- Only two minutes walking time from beach
- Complimentary transfers to/from ferry terminal and flight depot
Restaurants are available for evening dining in the township of Oban (at guests' expense).
Closed winter months: June & July.
Stewart Island Lodge may be available on an exclusive basis for small group bookings of up to 12 people (6 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen & BBQ).