Ulva Island is a unique
predator free environment
with easy walking tracks.
Beautiful Birding & Botany
- Daily departures; morning and afternoon or day nature walks on Ulva Island
- Small groups ensure personal experience
- Flexible departures and customised options available
- Interested in forest birds?
- Interested in pelagic birds?
- Join us on our FULL DAY Birding Classic:
- half day guided walk on Ulva Island Bird Sanctuary
- half day on a pelagic seabirding marine vessel
- Interested in pelagic seabirds, Ulva Island forest birds and kiwi spotting?
- Scheduled Monday/Tuesday departures October to April.
Already on Stewart Island? Then come and see us at The Stewart Island Gift Shop, our booking office and a totally unique gallery on Stewart Island.
Not here yet? Then please visit our website www.ulva.co.nz for more information about what we can offer and how to book.
All Ulva's Guided Walks guides live and work on Stewart Island. Their local knowledge; flora and fauna, bird and wildlife expertise as well as overseas experiences, are some of the many reasons why we have such a good time guiding. We have books of superstar stories about our guides that go above and beyond for our clients.
Ulva's Guided Walks is a Department of Conservation Approved Concessionaire, a proud supporter of the Ulva Island Charitable Trust, the Stewart Island/Rakiura Community Environment Trust, and an Executive member of the New Zealand Birding Network.