St Andrews Anglican Church

The present church was built and dedicated in 1990 although services had been held in a consecrated room in Ramble Cottage since 1896. The bell tower was built in 1980 and houses the Topi (1901) and Bremen (1846) bells. Services were taken by clergy from Bluff and Invercargill and by lay readers on Stewart Island notably Tom Bragg. The Rawle family maintained church life at St Andrews for fifty years.

The members of St Andrews faith community and the Reverend Airdry Dyson-Leask are responsible for the life of the Anglican Church today.

Services are held once a month, with Holy Communion at most services. Please check the town notice board for any change to this schedule.

The congregation has traditionally included Stewart Island residents, tourists and people visiting family and friends.

We invite you to visit our church and grounds or join us at a service in St Andrews Anglican Church.

St Andrew's Anglican Church
St Andrew's Anglican Church
Excelsior Road
Stewart Island
St Andrew's Anglican Church